Pennsylvania Society of Professional Engineers
The Philadelphia Chapter of PSPE (Pennsylvania Society of Professional Engineers) operates a scholarship program open to high school students who either (1) live in or (2) attend high school in the City of Philadelphia. Other Chapters of PSPE may also have scholarship programs geared to students in other counties. Applications for the Philadelphia Chapter program are routinely sent to and may be obtained from your high school guidance department. Inquiry for additional applications must be made by the guidance department to PSPE Philadelphia at 215-985-5701.
Applicants will be competing for:1. Drexel University is providing two five-year scholarships of $5000 per year to be awarded to outstanding candidates by the Philadelphia PSPE scholarship committee. Please check "DREXEL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANT" on the application form to be considered for this scholarship.
2. Temple University is providing a four year scholarship of $2000 per year to be awarded to an outstanding candidate by the Philadelphia PSPE scholarship committee. Please check "TEMPLE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICANT" on the application form to be considered for this scholarship.
3. Qualifying applications will be forwarded to the State PSPE Scholarship Committee for further consideration for scholarships currently being solicited by that Committee.
4. Up to two $500 cash awards will be made by the Philadelphia Chapter of the Pennsylvania Society of Professional Engineers, and the top applicant competes for an additional $1000 from the Engineers Week Committee for the Delaware Valley.Several items to keep in mind:
1. Applicant must meet/exceed minimum test scores. (e.g. SAT 600 M 500 V)
2. Applicant must be a citizen of the U.S.
3. Applicant must be a resident of the City/County of Philadelphia. Students resident of other counties should contact their county's PSPE chapter to determine if similar scholarship programs are available, or call the State PSPE office at 717-236-2050 for more information.
4. Scholarships awarded on behalf of Drexel or Temple will be coordinated with other scholarships which may be awarded by these schools (and are not cumulative.)
additional applications may be downloaded from http://www.pspe-philly.org/scholarship/forms/09scholarship-application.pdf
OTHER SCHOLARSHIPS OFFERED BY NSPE AND PSPE
PSPE (at the State level) is currently accepting scholarship applications for the following:
for more information, please go to http://www.pspe.org/scholarships.shtml
NSPE (at the National level) is currently accepting scholarship applications for the following:
The Maureen L. & Howard N. Blitman, P.E., Scholarship, $5,000 for the freshman year.
More information and application instructions for these and other scholarships and internships is available on the NSPE web site at the following link: http://www.nspe.org/scholarships/sc-home.asp or http://www.nspe.org/scholarships/sc1-hs.asp for high school scholarships.